STEP 9: HEALTH AND SAFETY
9.1 Talk to the health and safety trained person get them in to do walk round and advise and provide weblinks to help – WE HAVE SOME PROFESSIONALS EX COUNCIL HNS OFFICERS – WHO WILL HELP WRITE THIS SECTION – provide weblinks and easy guides
- 9.2 Get a checklist for health and safety – APPOINT A HNS PERSON AND A WORKING GROUP TO SUPPORT THEM
- 9.3 Print out and display health n safety guidelines and info
- put up H & S signage weblink…..Fire exits, fire assembly points, danger and warning signs.
- 9.4 ALWAYS check fire exits are openable and keep clear pathways to them at ALL times. Mark lines on the floor near exits to be kept clear.
- 9.5 Fire extinguishers are kept on the rack next to the fire exit door.
- Train people in best use of Fire extinguisher Water or C0 2 – (for electrical fires ) Aim at base of the fire.
- 9.6 Display Fire evacuation plan – to which outside assembly point, define where.
- 9.7 Fire Marshals and fire warden training– set a time.
- Weblink Fire marshall briefing. https://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/hub/fire-safety-duties-responsibilities-of-a-fire-wardenmarshal/
- 9.8 Trip Hazards (anything that can be tripped over) are removed from all corridors and Keep the gangways clear.
- 9.9 Electric safety check check all plugs and areas for bare wires. – PAT Testing
- 9.10 Kitchen Hygiene signs / training Hot water facilities. Training in food hygiene https://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk Wipeable surfaces in kitchen
- 9.11 Define and label a cleaning equipment cupboard.
- 9.12 Storage of hazardous chemicals – Cosh and Nebosh https://www.thebcfgroup.co.uk/nebosh/nebosh-general-certificate-pages/coshh-training-or-nebosh-general-certificate.php
- Checking if there is gas supply or not and if it is safe.
- Buy stock of cleaning equipment and bin liners and give out early at events Always remember the bin liner game, get them out before the end of an event and give them out to people. Note who helps to clean up at the end of events and invite them to help out in future. Big up the backstage recycling crew!