STEP 3: GATHER YOUR RESOURCES
3.1 Start small – “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
- People are the most important element – getting good people involved. Who can work and cooperate together in a team. It’s about give and take and appreciating many perspectives and opinions.
- Look for diversity of ages, backgrounds, skills, genders and cultures.
- Build a team with a diversity of skills, experiences and practical knowledge.
- You will need tools, computers, transport, materials, logistics, food funding, support… Source chairs, tables, furniture, bikes,video projectors, paint, pens and paper etc. Think broadly and think sustainably. Ask local groups and businesses what they can donate to the cause, think reuse, recycle, reclaim we are building the circular/ sharing economy. Local diy and trade suppliers will donate surplus wood and materials. Create a wish list of things you need, display it prominently in the centre and online. Look into creating a Library of Things -a tool/equipment/ resources for sharing Library.
3.3 Online presence
- Set up an email address, website and social media sites, such as a Facebook page, Twitter, instagram, snapchat etc secure your digital domains – make sure 3 people share the passwords- with some pre-agreements on use – (tech working group).